Summer is a time for fresh, new beginnings. It’s also the perfect time to try your hand at DIY wreath making! Whether you want something small and simple or something over-the-top extravagant, we have some summer wreath ideas for you below.
Do you make wreaths with fake flowers or real flowers?
You can use either. All of the ones below are made with fake flowers because they last longer but I love them with real flowers too. The beautiful smells remind me of summer.
What do you make the wreath circle out of?
I love to make mine out of grape vines but that is because that is what I have available. You can also use blackberry bramble, styrofoam forms, green styrofoam forms, straw, and wire.
1. Unique Summer Wreath Idea from Artsy Chicks Rule
Coral colors and gorgeous big sunflowers just scream summer to me. Throw them together into a watering can and you have a fun and unique summer wreath idea
2. Easy Burlap Summer Wreath from Craftaholics Anonymous
Looking for a cute burlap summer wreath to garnish your front door? Well, this easy burlap bubble wreath is just the ticket!
3. Lemonade Themed Summer Wreath from Craftaholics Anonymous
Adorable DIY Lemonade Summer Wreath guest post from Our Messy Table
4. Hula Hoop Wreath from Crafts By Amanda
This cherry blossom hula hoop wreath will make a cheery addition to your spring décor. Hang it above your mantel or on your wall for a pop of color. This spring craft can be made in whichever colors you’d like. Swap out the flowers for your favorites or to match your home decor!
5. Yarn Wrapped Summer Wreath from Crafts Unleashed
A wreath is a great way to bring summer into the home. This yarn wrapped wreath is such a quick project to make and very easy.
6. Bright Felt Flower Summer Wreath from Creative Ramblings
A bright cheery wreath like this one can really stand the test of time and look great in your home year after year.
7. Wooden Hoop Air Plant Wreath from Flamingo Toes
This wreath is a great way to show off a little greenery in your home, just in time for Summer.
8. A Succulent Summer Wreath from Homemade Heather
This Summer Succulent Wreath is the perfect addition to our freshened up outdoor space.
9. Unique Birdhouse Summer Wreath from Interior Frugalista
Wreaths add so much charm and curb appeal to our homes plus they give a warm welcome. The goal for this birdhouse wreath was that it be budget-friendly, made with things on hand and that it can be made in a jiffy.
10. Colorful Summer Wreath from Kleinworth & Co.
Create this simple Colorful Summer Wreath in less than 1 hour!
11. Simple Floral Summer Wreath from Living La Vida Holoka
This beautiful wreath was under $20 to make!
12. DIY Shiplap Sign from Lydi Out Loud
This is so cute and bright. She shows you step by step how to use your cricut maker.
13. Wagon Wheel Farmhouse Wreath from Lydi Out Loud
Follow along this easy step by step tutorial or video to make your own wagon wheel rustic farmhouse wreath!
14. Stunning DIY Split Wood Bead Floral Wreath from Our Crafty Mom
Decorate your home for Summer with a pretty DIY split wood bead floral wreath.
15. Summer Hoop Wreath from Simply Designing
This beautiful Summer Hoop Wreath is a simple homemade wreath that you can easily make yourself with only a few supplies and not a lot of time.
16. Farmhouse Style Tire Wreath from The Craft Patch Blog
Doesn’t it remind you of a tire swing? She filled it with happy blush pink and spring green flowers and think it is the perfect touch of farmhouse style.
17. Painted Monstera Leaf Summer Wreath from The Craft Patch Blog
Make a colorful summer wreath out of painted faux monstera leaves.
18. DIY Faux Lemon Summer Wreath from The Navage Patch
When it comes to summer wreaths, few are as bright and cheerful as this faux lemon summer wreath scented with lemon essential oil! It’s a quick and easy DIY that’ll only cost you a few dollars to make, but it’ll bring some summer fun into your home, even on the coldest winter day!
19. Easy Lemon Slice and Boxwood Wreath from Twelve on Main
This lemon and boxwood summer wreath was created in an afternoon with real lemons!
20. Hello Summer Wreath from Upright & Caffeinated
This summer wreath certainly makes a statement. I love the casual feeling of “hello” over a formal welcome in the summer. Summer is a time for pool parties, riding bikes, playing outside and socializing with neighbors. The casual “hello” just seems more appropriate in the summer.
I hope you enjoyed this round up of summer wreaths as much as we did! Which was your favorite? Are you looking for the perfect one to add some color and style to your home or porch? Let us know by leaving a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!